Monday, December 13, 2010

Sinistration

For those of you who didn't take Latin: 
(yeah, way to take a "useful" language, who'll be laughing when the Romans take over the world economy?!?!  What's that?  A dead language you say?  Well don't that just bite it.) 


SINISTRATION
Pronunciation: (sin"u-strā'shun),
n.
the quality or state of being left-handed

Synonyms: Left-handed, Awesome, Totally Awesome, Totally Super Awesome


Yes, left handedness.  A surprisingly prevalent talent in my family.  Of the 5 of us, 4 are lefties.  Oh, and the dog was also a lefty, so 5 out of 6, that's what, 233%, right?  Well, sinistration does not indicate a propensity for mathematics.  


Anyway, my wife, whom I love dearly, is not left-handed.  So she's somewhat defective, but I've learned to look beyond that.  But now, horror of horrors, my sweet, beautiful daughter seems to be exhibiting right-handed tendencies.  I mean, I guess I can still love her and care for her.  Somehow.  Maybe I only look at her in a mirror so she appears to be a lefty.  It's either that or tape her right arm down for the next three years.  


Hmmmmmmm.


Okay, fine, the mirror it is....


But taping her hand down is the only way to guarantee that my daughter is more creative, better spatially aware, and much more likely to die in an industrial accident...


Man, this parenting thing is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment