Friday, December 3, 2010

Evolutionary Development

If I was forced to name my favorite aspect of evolution (it could happen!), I would have previously listed vision, maybe speech, and quite probably sexual organs as some of my favorites.  However, I have just rethought my entire approach to this question.

This sea-change was brought about when I came across the following sentence: "This cycle of glaciation ceased after the evolution of the anus" and I realized, with stunned insight, that I had never before considered the anus in the evolutionary process, I'd always accepted it as a given.

Yep, it's my new top item.  In fact, it's numbers one through seventy-four.  Because, let's face it, wouldn't you rather be blind, mute and sexless than forced to live without an anus, doomed to spend the rest of your hopefully short life walking around wondering why you're getting larger?

No comments:

Post a Comment