Monday, November 29, 2010

Hairscrimination

I love how people spend lots of time and money to entertain themselves.


Trips to exotic locals.  Expensive dinners.  Extravagant parties.


Nope, not me.  It doesn't take much.  Time with the family (aw, tender).  A bike ride, of any duration, at any time, in any weather, on any bike (Unicycle with a flat tire at midnight on New Year's Eve in an ice storm?  Perfect!).  Even something as utterly simple as a haircut can make my day... okay week.


Well, no, not any haircut, I don't have some weird fetish or something.  No, I just really like having a mohawk.  It makes me happy, looking slightly ridiculous.  No, not happy.  Stupidly happy, deliriously happy, retardedly happy.   Seriously, just look:


Me without a mohawk:
Meh


Me with a mohawk:
Awesome Sauce


Fine, yes, I'm goofy looking either way, but by god I'm happy about it.


You know what they say about simple minds and simple pleasures, and I'm not sure it gets a whole lot simpler than a haircut.  Oh, wait, yes.  Doorstops.  You know, these things:




Yeah, my daughter is mildly entertained by them.  You know, because you can flick them and they go "boing-oing-oing-oing."  But then, she is only 8 months old.  But me?  Yeah, I love those things.  I've found myself standing in our bathroom, flicking it with my toe and giggling to myself.  Hmmm, that sounded kind of dirty.  Well, a little dirty, but mainly dumb and pathetic.  But seriously?  Boing-oing-oing-oing.  Hehehe.


Moving on.  So why do I devise so much pleasure from a hairstyle?  I'm not quite sure.  Most likely because I am a bit of an idiot, and it's nice having a quick and simple way to show that to the rest of the world without having to speak or wear a slogan t-shirt (You know how hard it is to find a "Tapout" or "Affliction" t-shirt?  Sadly, not hard at all.  I think I just got one free with my last fill up.)


But, unfortunately, my love of doorstops isn't the only thing my daughter inherited from her father...



No comments:

Post a Comment