Friday, November 5, 2010

Roommate

Alright, today I will ask you to use your imagination.  Yes, close your eyes and... wait, you can't read this with your eyes closed.  Okay, read the post, memorize it, then close your eyes and tell it back to yourself.  Hmmm, yeah, that does sound like a lot of work for what is, let's face it, a minor entertainment at best.  Okay, fine, just read it and pretend you're imagining what I describe, and hopefully we will achieve minor entertainment.

It's your first day of college.  You move in with your new roommate.  She seems quite pleasant, very smiley and generally a happy, easy going sort.  But then you go to sleep, and at first, all is well.  But then, after about 5 hours of sleep, she wakes up screaming, yelling, and crying.  Not knowing what to do, you get her a glass of milk and she quickly calms down and goes to sleep.  However, every 2-3 hours for the rest of the night, she repeats this bizarre ritual, awakening unhappy, bawling, and yelling, only placated by a drink, after which she quickly returns to sleep.  The next morning, frazzled, exhausted, and more than a bit disturbed, you quickly find the college's housing office and demand a reassignment, since your roommate is obviously unwell, slightly disturbed, and possibly psychotic.  

The End.

What was the point of my little tale?  Well, only this.  That roommate, yes, she's my daughter.  And I have submitted a complaint to the housing authority about her nighttime behavior.  And by housing authority, I mean my wife.  It took a while, but I finally received a response.  I was informed that I was a jackass, and was being reassigned to the couch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment