Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Uh Oh

Well, this was an interesting evening.  Kiki and I were enjoying bath time, having discovered we could blow bubbles, her current obsession, using the neti pot under the water surface.  Oh, also, we have a neti pot as a bath toy.  If you don't know what a neti pot is, it is a small watering can you shove up your nose to wash out your sinuses.  There is no intentional humor in the preceding sentence.  


What, like you don't use quasi medical devices for your child's toys?  What's that?  Oh, you don't, eh.  Well, good for you, not everyone can be as perfect as you I guess.  Jerk.


Anyway, we were enjoying the bubbles, luxuriating in the bath when, well, nature called.  To Kiki.  Urgently.  In the end, well, you know that scene from Caddyshack with the candy bar in the pool?  Yeah, except this was not exactly a Baby Ruth.  


I quickly swept Kiki out of the bath and took her to the shower to clean up, but I've rarely seen her so upset; full on tears, screaming, flushed, the whole show.  It was like, well, like someone just crapped in her bath, I guess.  Hmm, when you put it like that I guess it's less surprising.  


But for someone who happily, nonchalantly, and almost daily will wander around with poop in her pants, it was a bit surprising that she was suddenly all sensitive about it.  I guess my little girl is becoming a woman.  Hmmm, alright, maybe it's a bit premature to jump to that conclusion.  Especially based on the evening's events.  So what lesson did we learn here?  Well...  I think we might need a new neti pot, that's for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment