Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kiki Undercover

Well, it's Kiki's first Halloween (that we know of), and we're struggling with the costume decision.  She needs something cute, unique, mildly clever, slightly funny, and with just a soupçon of absurdity.  So, obviously, she's going to be... uh.... yeah, that's the problem we're having too.  Here are the ideas we've got so far...


1) Monkey




2) Princess Leia




3) Sushi




4) Flower (Missus' current favorite)


5) Owl/Aviator Thingy (My current favorite)


So now, dear reader, we ask, nay, beg for your help.  On the right is a poll, please vote for what you would like to see Kiki become this October.  And if you have any additional ideas, please post them in the comments and I'll add them (while reserving the right to edit/reject) to the poll.  Kiki thanks you... unless you choose something really embarrassing, in which case she curses you.  Oh, how she curses you.


EDIT:


One bit of additional information and a few more choices, just to muddy the waters. 


First off, my wife would like me to clarify that we are not planning on our child being topless for the monkey option, as in the photo.  No, we were thinking something more like this:
and also that, though the owl costume is an option, she reserves the right to veto the goggles, depending on Kiki's tolerance.  And, now on to the additional options:


6)  Lobster
Cute, but it somehow looks to me like the child was just shoved inside a dead animal.  I think it has to do with having eyes on the hat.  Just kind of creeps me out.  For illustration, compare the owl costume above to this one:
Ick.


7) Peanut


Very cute, but Kiki's mobile enough now, I think losing the use of her legs isn't going to go well.  

6 comments:

  1. I like the sushi! Makes her a bit more gravity proof...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey or sushi. I'd still keep my eyes open for a Japanese doggie costume that can be repurposed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owl thing, but it's a little bit Batmanuel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #5, but the reality of pulling off and screaming of the hat/goggles would ruin the effect.
    Lobster? Peanut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Princess Leia one. The hat is priceless!

    ReplyDelete